|GOOD LUCK IN SOCHI 2014
To our head Physiotherapist Aidan Woods and Team Ireland in the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics! Aidan will travel with the Irish Olympic team as the head Physiotherapist for the squad, we wish him and the team much success and look forward to hearing the updates while they are away. For live updates and photos please see our facebook page.
The goals with each patient are the same:
- Provide you with an accurate diagnosis of your problem.
- Provide advice on how your problem may have started, and ways of preventing injuries in the future.
- Develop an appropriate treatment plan for your problem.
- Develop a long term plan aimed at improving your physical health and fitness levels.
Who do we treat?
- Patients attending the clinic vary from those with sedentary lifestyles to elite athletes.
- Some of our patients will never have exercised before.
- Some of our patients are Olympic and world champions.
- We pride ourselves on providing every patient with the same high quality of care.
What do we do?
- If you have an injury we will use the most appropriate combination of hands on treatment, exercise prescription, acupuncture or taping to get you better.
- If you are competing, training or just working hard we offer a variety of sports and recovery massage, to help get you back on your feet.
- If you are thinking of taking up sport or want to improve your physical activity levels we can advise you on what is the most appropriate form of training.
What treatment techniques do we use?
We provide an extensive list of treatments including hands on treatment, manual therapy, sports massage, joint manipulation, stretching programmes, strengthening programmes, pilates, taping, acupuncture, strength and conditioning, injury screening, orthotics, and electrotherapy.
For more about chartered physiotherapists visit www.iscp.ie